Tuesdays and Wednesdays: Livingston, NJ
3:30 pm, 4:30, 5:30, 6:30pm
@ Do-Re-Mi : 93A S Livingston Ave, Livingston, NJ 07039
contact Do-Re-Mi @ (973) 758-1500 for tuition details.
Tuesday program for fall 2019 with Borya Lena Kuznetsov
- Middle Age Stained glass techniques imitation
- Early Renaissance . Painting with egg tempera. mixing/preparation
- High Renaissance. Durer and Leonardo. Studying the old Masters drawings
- Dutch and Flemish baroque still life. Oil painting technique
- Classical style. Study perspective. Interiors and cityscapes
- Neoclassicism. Bas-relief sculpting. Greek motives in Art
some subjects require 2-3 classes, program subject to slight changes.
Wednesday program with Dasha Kuznetsov
Learning new art techniques through color! Color Introductory, (primary, secondary-color wheel), working with light and shadow, complementary colors, shading, gradient, contrast, mixing, tones all through different media.
- Silk painting/ Batik or fabric design working with fabric paint, markers, resist
- Sketching and drawing from observation- pencil or charcoal work
- Modeling clay painting- 3D art
- Watercolor or gouache painting
- Acrylic or oil painting- new media old school
- Tempera making and painting
- Relief printing/ monotype work, Introductory class to printmaking
- Collage designing in 2D or 3D
- Ink- exploring or different techniques, layering, controlled dripping, color wash, graphic
- Oil pastel drawing
In the future, creativity will become the most important quality. As new technologies continue to replace jobs, people who are able to trust their creative individuality, with well developed right-brain thinking, will become more and more valuable. Our art lessons are designed to develop these vital qualities in children. As teachers, we are fundamentally against step-by-step instructional methods, which don’t teach creativity, but instead develop habitual, manufactured artworks, lacking a child’s individual style and hand. We discourage any type, even the most minimal, of touch ups by teachers. While any painting can be improved with the stroke of a teacher’s paintbrush, a child’s painting should be stylistically honest and recognizable. A student should feel that the artwork is her individual work and an expression of her internal world. The process of creation, and of getting to know oneself as an artist and creator, is the unquestionable benefit of art lessons.
We are highly experienced at teaching drawing methods, and most importantly, we love our work. Our lessons are equally helpful to young ‘artists’ and those who are just starting. We will help you discover your son’s and daughter’s unique, individual character, and teach them to be confident and skillful in their artworks.
We offer classes for children ages 5 to 14.
Usually we have a year round program consisting of drawing in different media ( starting from pencils, colored crayons, charcoal, oil and dry pastels etc), painting in watercolor acrylic and gouache, sculpting using clay, modeling clay and sculpey, as well as different decorative techniques- like batik, prints, collages etc
If interested for a group class program- please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org